Player Name: Stephanie
Class and Level: Druid, 27
Race/template: Half-breed Twi’Lek-Hobbit Stay-at-Home Mom
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Weight: Yeah, right!
Looks: Pale stocky brunette with green eyes and glasses, usually garbed in hubby’s old Christian youth retreat t-shirts and comfy pants or medieval LARPing gear and handmade jewelry.
Background: Stephanie grew up pwning classic Nintendo games and StarCraft with her dad and brother, dressing up as a a pirate-vampire-dragon princess and writing fantasy fiction, and considering the entire cast of Star Trek: Next Generation her close family. She befriended (read: stalked) Jordan, on an old-school online journal site where they discussed books, video games, and music. But she didn’t come out publicly as a she-geek until she met Johnny in college and discovered a fanatical love for pen-and-paper role-playing. That point marked a gradual downward spiral into the deep nerd-vortex that gradually grew to include live-action role-play and MMORPG obsessions as well. After moving out East, she arranged to meet Jordan in person, assimilated him into the rest of the Star Wars D6 collective, and out of that melting pot of geekery, Jordan’s brain child of a podcast was born.
Interests: Jewelry making, origami, polymer clay, gardening, LARP, sci-fi, MMOs, baking, zombie horror, turtles, herbalism, dancing, Tai Chuan Do, writing, knitting, guns, camping.
A quote: “I’m not that kind of naked.”
Games Top 5:
- Settlers of Catan
- American McGee’s Alice
- Sims 3
Movies Top 5:
- BBC Pride and Prejudice
- The Shadow
- 10th Kingdom
- Resident Evil 1-3
Books Top 5:
- Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
- The Dresden Files by Jim Butcher
- Anything by Jane Austen
- Xenocide by Orson Scott Card
- Julie Kenner’s Demon-Hunting Soccer Mom series
Comics Top 5:
- Questionable Content by Jeph Jacques
- Order of the Stick by Rich Burlew
- X-Men classic
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
- Bug by Adam Huber
TV Top 5:
- Star Trek: The Next Generation
- Star Trek Voyager
- The Guild
- Whose Line
- “Baker’s Dozen”— Can bake delicious treats. Roll a d4. With a successful roll (2-4), the production of brownies, cookies, or cakes during game adds +13 to Party Morale for the duration of the game. A failing roll results in stale leftovers and love handles.
- “If Mama ain’t happy, ain’t nobody happy!”— Can transform to Mama Bear Form. Roll a d6. Success (3-6) adds 3D to the following rolls: Swat a Bottom, Shush Noisy Gamers, Put Baby Back to Sleep, and Diaper-Change. Also enables Explain Toy to Adult and Find PC Avatars in Toybox skills.
- “Refrigerator”— Can write haikus on any topic at will. Roll one d6 for each member of party receiving a personalized haiku. Succeeding roll gains +5, +7, +5 to Charm rolls for 3 respective rounds.
- “Channel Martha Stewart”— Can perform Flash Clean feat, during the round preceding other gamers’ arrival; Roll Initiative. Roll of 1-2 results in sitting at the computer and wasting time on Facebook or MMO until party arrives. Roll of 3-4 enables Wash Dishes and Pick Up Living Room skills. Roll of 5-6 adds 2D to any Cleaning-based skill, and results in an automatic success on Scour Bathroom.
- “Resistance is futile.”— Effective at proselytizing for RPG- or LARP-related events. Successful roll adds +3 to Charm when inviting others.
- Digital camera
- Knitting needles
- Mind-altering perfume (“Waft!”)
- Dancer’s outfit with superfluous straps and/or veils