Player Name: Jordan Dennis
Class and Level: Bard, 29
Race/template: Cyborg Troubadour/Office Drone
Weight: I’m in shape. Round is a shape.
Looks: Described (by family members) as looking like a younger version of Santa Claus. Has sandy hair and a red beard and wear wire-rim glasses. Commonly wears polos or tee shirts with fantastical creatures on them.
Background: When he was a kid, Jordan would dress up. For years, he was a pirate, a superhero, a robot, or a noir era shamus. His love of literature, particularly The Chronicles of Prydain, cemented his childhood love of genre. His interest in RPGs started just after college, when his friend convinced him to go to a gaming store to play D&D. After several years of playing in various systems, Jordan felt the desire to learn how to GM. And he had the hubris to think that it would make a good podcast. Thus, Bone Throwers Theater was born.
Interests: Gaming, audio production, speculative fiction, cooking, eating, devil sticks, comics, movies, cartooning, voice acting, writing
A quote: “Normal is only a setting on your dryer.”
- Games Top 5
- World of Warcraft
- Yar’s Revenge
- Settlers of Catan
- Ticket to Ride
- Movies Top 5
- Citizen Kane
- City of Lost Children
- The Fall
- Star Wars
- Books Top 5:
- The Book of the New Sun by Gene Wolfe
- Otherland by Tad Williams
- The Mistborn Trilogy by Brandon Sanderson
- Speaker for the Dead By Orson Scott Card
- The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien
- Comics Top 5
- Fullmetal Alchemist
- The Adventures of Tintin
- TV Top 5
- Doctor Who
- “This floor’s not flat!” — The ability to creatively fall in the most funny way possible. Randomly roll 1d6. If a 1 is rolled, player suffers a -20 penalty for maintaining balance, even while standing at rest. +3 to charisma when relating funny story about falling down.
- “Flexibility is the spice of life” — Can bend in all sorts of unhealthy ways. +4 Bonus to playing barre chords. -4 Penalty for all fine motor skills not involving guitar and/or ukulele.
- “Shake that Tale” — gains an automatic +18 to all charisma rolls when wearing a mascot costume. -4 Penalty on charisma when filming it for college classes due to lack of interactivity with audience. Feel moral satisfaction, though, for confounding know-nothing artsy professors who can’t do their jobs.
- “Poisons don’t hurt me. Much.” — Can withstand effects of poisonous substances for slight periods of time, particularly lighter fluid. This is not an immunity — subject will feel effects, but will be fine after medical attention and a recovery period.
- “A rolling stone gathers no moss” — Player is prone to suffer a desire to travel, preferably internationally, at random intervals. Roll 1d6 for affect. If odd, player will bite his tongue. If even, player will start talking nonstop about the month he spent in China and his desire to go back on a permanent basis. Call his mother and she will make sure this desire fades.
- Kindle e-book reader